Thursday, May 06, 2004

Leipzig impressions
I haven't been updating my blog as much as I wanted to. Okay..in fact, I haven't really been updating it at all. It's not that we're boring, promise! Thought I'd put up some pics of Leipzig.... It's a pretty nice town about 2 hours away from Berlin. The downtown area is essentially contained within a ring road, with the main train station (the Hauptbahnhof, one of the largest and prettiest in europe) on the NE side of the ring.

View of street outside daryl's dorm. The tram network in leipzig is super convenient. It's very punctual too! (see the signs showing you the times of the next few trams)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The other picture is the Leipzig Opernhaus (opera house). We went to watch a ballet performance of Romeo and Juliet. Turned out to be modernish ballet (they were wearing suits, dresses and stuff), which I don't like as much as tight leotards and tutus. =P

Mm..will try to share some snapshots of my time in europe in the next couple of posts.

No comments: