*sigh* those americans...
a london review on some website, by an american (surprise surprise):
To your left. To your left. To your left.
I'm fairly certain that the British proclivity for doing everything to the left is not just a product of Tony Blair's government. I recall hearing about this driving on the left thing even when Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister.
So, to all the other cultures, most without nuclear weapons and a Hostage Rescue Team that could abduct our political leaders and steal off into the night without detection, who continue to say that the U.S. is a big problem to the world for sticking with the English system of measurement -- despite even the English having hurriedly tossed it aside like a prophylactic wrapper before an elevator interlude -- I say look at those same English. Most of the rest of the world (civilized and otherwise) drives to the right. We board escalators to the right. By gosh, we even tend to walk to the right on crowded sidewalks. Being different for the sake of being different isn't cool... it's annoying. And it's un-American. Fix it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment